Pokémon TCG – FUNMATCH
Pokémon TCG Fun Match is a Side Tournament that will be held during the Pokémon TCG Championship – Malaysia 2023.
Players who are qualified for the Top Cut in the main tournament of the Malaysian Pokemon TCG Championship will be automatically disqualified from this match as there will be a clash in date and time.
If the scenario occurs :
- Players who are disqualified will still receive a present pack from this event.
- Teams are allowed to find substitute players to meet the 3 players’ requirements.
Fun Match Overview
- Location: Da Men Mall, 4th floor (Event Hall 2)
- Dates: 11th June 2023, Sunday
- Tournament Format
– 3 versus 3 (one team vs. one team). A team must consist of 3 players.
– Single Elimination, BO3 for all stages.
– 25 minutes for each match
- Number of Players: up to 96 players (32 teams)
- Entry Fee: Free of Charge
- Entry Condition: Need to present Trainer ID at a time of check-in by presenting “My Page”on your mobile phone.
- Cards Available for Use: Up to Pokémon TCG: Scarlet & Violet—Paldea Evolve.
- Note: Participating players have to bring their own playmat, damage counters, dice, markers and coins
- Pre-registration Period: From now till the 8th of June 2023
- Pre-registration result: On 9th of June via provided e-mail.
If the capacity is exceeded during the pre-registration, the participants will be decided by lottery. If space is available after pre-registration ends, we will accept walk-in registration.
- Walk-In registration: On the 11th of June from 11:00 am-12:00 pm
- Walk-In registration result: Announce on-site from 12:30 pm -13:00 pm
- Session start: 13:00 pm
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Walk-In Registration & Check In
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM Deck Check
12:30 PM – 13:00 PM Players Briefing
13:00 PM – 14:00 PM Top 16
14:00 PM – 15:00 PM Top 8
15:00 PM – 16:00 PM Top 4
16:00 PM – 17:00 PM Top 2
Each participating team must be present with full team members at the time of check-in. If the team cannot present, all members will be removed from the slot and replaced with the new lottery.
- Champion Team:
x12 Booster Packs / per player
x1 Pokémon TCG Play Mat / per player
- 2nd Place:
x6 Booster Packs / per player
- 3rd and 4th place
x3 Booster packs / per player
- All Participants:
*Disclaimer: The schedule might start earlier upon all check-in is finished or later than scheduled